The easiest way to pay your federal taxes. The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System® tax payment service is provided free by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. After you’ve enrolled and received your credentials, you can pay any tax due to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) using this system: Make a Payment or Enroll
What You Need to Know
- Remember! We value your privacy and security and will never contact you via e-mail. If you receive an e-mail that claims to be from the EFTPS® tax payment service or from a sender you do not recognize that claims to have information about a payment scheduled through this service, forward the e-mail to email@example.com or call the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration at 1.800.366.4484.
- You must be enrolled to use the EFTPS® tax payment service. To enroll, click on Enrollment at the top of this page and follow the steps. After your information is validated with the IRS, you will receive a personal identification number (PIN) via U.S. Mail in five to seven business days.
- Payments using this Web site or our voice response system must be scheduled by 8 p.m. ET the day before the due date to be received timely by the IRS. The funds will move out of your banking account on the date you select for settlement.
- This EFTPS® tax payment service Web site supports Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows and Mozilla Firefox for Windows.
- You may use this Web site and our voice response system (1.800.555.3453) interchangeably to make payments.
- If you are required to make deposits electronically but do not wish to use the EFTPS® tax payment service yourself, ask your financial institution about ACH Credit or same-day wire payments, or consult a tax professional or payroll provider about making payments for you. Please note: These options may result in fees from the providers. Payments through third parties may have earlier cutoff times; please check with them for their deadlines.